FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 12/15/20
CITY COUNCIL APPROVES ADDITIONAL BUSINESS RELIEF GRANTS
Many Local Restaurants, Bars, and Gyms Eligible
Bardstown, KY [ Dec 15, 2020 ] — The Bardstown City Council has approved funding for an additional round of business relief grants for local restaurants, bars, and gyms that have been affected by Governor Beshear’s Executive Order 2020-968. At a special meeting called on Tuesday, the Council voted to approve the program, with eligible businesses being able to apply as soon as the next day for relief grants ranging up to $3,000.
This program was made possible because of the recent announcement that Bardstown would receive an additional $298,000 in CARES Act funding for first responder salaries and expenses. This funding from the State means that Bardstown will now be able to use its General Fund for additional business relief grants.
In order to apply, a business must meet all of the following requirements:
- Exist within the city limits in a brick-and-mortar location
- Own the property/building or have a properly executed lease with the property owner
- Be current on City of Bardstown property tax payments, occupational license fees, net profit submissions, and maintain a current business license
- Be a restaurant, bar, or gym open and operating before November 1, 2020
- Restaurants must NOT be a franchise or franchise-affiliated
- Gyms must be locally owned and operated
Businesses will be able to apply on the city’s website at www.cityofbardstown.org/relief starting Wed, Dec 16th. Applications will be accepted through Dec 31st, with the first funds being distributed on Jan 6th, 2021.
Any questions should be addressed to email@example.com or by calling 502-331-7013.